Saturday, March 26, 2016

Fever for Easter

March 26, 2016

Dear Lei'ohu and Kikepa,

This is one of the clever things about email and the Internet, a way looked upon in times long ago as lazy, I am calling it CLEVER to be writing both of you at once. The "CC Affect." If you knew my mother, your Grand Tutu Lenora, she would be wrinkling her finely-plucked eyebrows at me for not personally writing letters to you, especially given it is Easter, and my mother Lenora was a very strict and proper Catholic. I miss her still, but, honestly? I don't miss so much the many things she believed were so important in her Catholic world. 

Today is a beautiful, beAUTIful woods' day. The sun is giving shades and shadows to every one of the Tall Ones. The Great Cedar outside the window as I write to you is casting a long shadow. The only shade to the Woods right outside. A small breeze has come up and is tickling the tips of the Huckleberry bushes. Somewhere close-by the Sparrow is happy to be singing her song. Or is it a His song? 

I have a bit of a bothersome bug, went to sleep with a crink of pain in my neck and then a hot and boiling fever soared up and down my spine. 

"Mo'o, Mo'o what is it that needs to be let go? What is it that needs to be boiled out of me. What holy water is needed else where?"

It is still Saturday, and as I wrote already a beautiFUL day. I could be out playing, but, instead I am wrapped in my long and cozy lavender scarf have my beacon bright fleece hat on and am covered with my winter long johns. And, most important, I am writing to you to wish you a Good and Beautiful Springtime. 

Honey Man IS out playing with his friends, and some people he has not yet met. It's POLITICKS, and you know even though he pretends to be displeasured by the taste of it ... our Honey Man loves to stir the pot of politicks. He is out with our friend M and she is all in a stew about getting the first woman elected president of this America. 

I remain a woman of the Hawaiian Nation, whether any other here cares or tenders my conscious. I say JANXT to politicks. So far from the 'Aina, I am sovereign to myself. You can look that word up SOVEREIGN if you don't know it. Yet, being part of Punana Leo, that word is probably something you learn as personal history. I hope!

I did not bundle baskets to send along in the mail but look ... 

 Sand stars from the Muliwai
And Bracken snakes rearing their heads from Our Woods

All sent with xoxoxoxo to shake this fever through,
Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment