Monday, March 28, 2016

At the (breakfast) bar

Friday March 17, 1995

Dear GW,

Thanks so much for the visit. I don't get many visitors, is that what happens when you divorce? A pair of people who have been a couple for decades aren't and the breezes shift, the common ground disappears, sides are taken, people give you space. They don't know what to say. I know, I know, I'm a mess and all I want to do is hide. Anyhow, you are one of the out of community friends, and unknown to the X-man. So how lucky for me we met in the company of Pacific Islanders in white bread country. Funny, you the Polish Gipsy rebel making waves, tapped on the shoulder to look out for me. Your boss is a sly one. He knows about the punishment. Like I said, "Lucky me!"

Sitting at the little breakfast nook was fun. My first house, alone. I chose it, myself. In fact, I chose it rather than a rundown shack on the Rez with cheaper rent. The X-man thought the shack would be a good place for me to make a start. Ha. A few steps away from familiar, I start here. You my first company. 

Just barely Spring, the cottage is still dark. The tall and lacy arms of cedar close me in, but, they make me feel less alone. Women Who Run With The Wolves is lying on the bedroom floor. My X-sister-in-law gave it to me. I don't get it all. Clarissa Pinkola Estees has a lot of story to tell. Glimpses touch me. In between all the crying. 

What happened? Maybe I will be able to answer that later. Maybe I will have lots of answers. Later.

Thanks again.

Love,
Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment