Wednesday, March 30, 2016

February 8, 1995 (The one that got sent)

Dear Clay,

Surprise! Out of the blue I'm writing to you. Baines gave me your address when he was here the other day with a load of wood. I told him I had been thinking about you, actually I had a dream about you, but I don't think I told Baines that part. He said he'd pass the message along next time he talked with you. I said, "I'd like to write to him." 

Life has changed since you visited me. I've moved out and am getting divorced. You know how weird this is to be writing this letter? Very weird, let me tell you. I had no idea this was coming, but then maybe life does have a life of its own. 

How are things going with your family back there in the Midwest? I would enjoy hearing what it's like for you to be there with your Dad. You make interesting choices, and that you showed up at my first public readings, and then showed up while I was making scones is VERY interesting. 

I live with my dog, Holmes, in a small cottage not far from the beach place. Life is upended, different. I look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are doing well.

Aloha,
Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment