Tuesday, March 22, 2016

April 7, 2026

Dear Tutu,

I love the picture of Mahina you took. When I see the Tall Ones around her I think of your woods, and you, and Honey Man and cannot help but be sad. Missing you all. My heart must need lubrication, Tutu. Can you see the tears falling from my eyes?

There is only one big tree in our front yard, you know the one. The Kukui Nut. She is so huge now. I remember how you told Kepa and me about planting it with Uncle Kalani. He was a little boy then right? Well, the tree is HUGE huge HUGE. In the back yard the Neem Trees you and Honey Man planted are also giants. Me and Kepa use their leaves to floss our teeth. I like the sting of juice that squirts over my mouth when we floss. What Kepa likes to do is to sleep in our tent under the Neem Trees. They have beautiful voices, especially at night. I will ask her to write to you folks. She has a really good ear for Trees.

Please tell Honey Man that I have become very fa mi li ar, I like the sound of that word. Tell him I have become very familiar with Centipede. I took this picture, being very respectful. I asked. And, I stood a respectful distance. I am drawing Centipede in my journals along with all the rest of the creatures of the Valley.


Could you please ask Honey Man if he would tell me, again, the story of Centipede?

Wish we were with you in the woods. What is happening out there?

Love, love, love YOU and Honey Man,

Lei'ohu

1 comment:

  1. Lei'ohu Love is shared across all boundaries with the telling of stories. They pop in as memories just at the right time to help us choose a respectful way. Centipede is known for being protective when necessary so giving them space that they ask for works every time. I like when Centipede runs along a wall, blending in so well you can never tell. Resting through the day cool and covered from the sun Centipede is happy to be and not for me to see. Love Honey Man

    ReplyDelete